Again, a 5-year-old child dies due to rabies, see full explanation – The virtual world was shocked by a heartbreaking video of a five-year-old girl who was said to be exposed to rabies. It was reported that he later died.

The Ministry of Health (Kemenkes) also confirmed this information. His party confirmed that the child was from Bali and was only five years old.

In his explanation, said the Head of the Communication and Public Service Bureau of the Ministry of Health, dr. Siti Nadia Tarmizi, M.Epid, the child died on June 11, 2023.
Previously, the child was taken to the Buleleng Hospital, which was referred from the Tangguwisia Hospital on June 10, 2023.

Also Read: The ‘DUO PARTY PRINCIPAL’ meeting, Puan Maharani and AHY at GBK was based on the political spirit of reconciliation

It is known, the child suffered minor injuries such as scratches. Apparently, the wound was obtained from the bite of his pet dog a month earlier. ‘

He was just taken to the hospital and finally experienced symptoms as seen in the video convulsions to the point that he was afraid of water (Hydrophobia).

“A 5-year-old child on June 10 at the Buleleng Hospital received a referral from the Tangguwisia Hospital, the girl could not drink, was nervous and afraid of the wind, had a history of being bitten by her own pet dog 1 month ago,” said Dr. Nadia.

Also Read: HELLO! When meeting Puan Maharani and AHY ‘TOSAN’, this is the response of the chairman of the DPR RI when meeting SBY’s children

“They are small scratches and have been washed with soap for a while and the dog has never been vaccinated,” he said again.

Doctor Nadia further explained the impact of delaying taking the child to a hospital or health facility (Faskes), so that the child died.

This is because they did not have time to get the Anti-Rabies Vaccine (VAR) and because the pet dog had never been vaccinated either.

“Oh yeah, the patient couldn’t get the VAR. This case died on the 11th and when he was bitten he didn’t (directly) come to the Health Facility so he couldn’t get VAR,” said Dr. Nadia

For the record, if someone is bitten by a dog or other wild animal, immediately do first aid. For example, if bitten by a dog, you should immediately wash the bite wound with soap/detergent in running water for 15 minutes, then apply an antiseptic and the like.

The next step, immediately take it to the health center or hospital to wash the wound again and get the Anti-Rabies Vaccine (VAR) and Anti-Rabies Serum (SAR) according to the indications.

Recommended Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *